Covid-19 - Camping le Clou
For over a year now, we have been living with the consequences and particularly the limitations caused by the COVID-19 virus. Tourism has also changed considerably as a result. For instance, the French government announced stricter measures until at least the 2nd of May. The May holiday, which everyone was so ready for, will unfortunately not happen this year.
Meanwhile, France announced on April 29th that foreign tourists are welcome again in France from June 9th.
Many guests have not waited and have already booked. This can be done without much risk as we will return the deposits (or move them if asked) if the borders remain closed. See our general conditions for this.
We expect bookings will pick up quickly once the holiday dates are released so, make sure you are not too late!
Restaurants and bars will be entirely open again from June 9th (terraces are open from 19 May). The curfew will be from 11 p.m. on June 9th and will end completely on June 30th.
We do not know yet what restrictions will be enforced on travelling to France. There is mention of a holiday passport (with vaccination or negative test), but this is not yet entirely clear. We will, of course, comply with the rules in force at the time.
On a campsite, we all live mostly in the open air, which is always healthy. At the moment, this brings an additional advantage as, according to the experts, the Covid-19 virus is hardly transmitted to other people when one is outdoors. We would like your holiday to be as normal and fun as possible. For everyone's safety, we will have to take several measures, obviously to prevent infection to spread at the campsite. These measures are following the guidelines and conditions set by the French government.
We expect the following rules/adjustments:
- The accommodations have to be cleaned and aired extra well, which means that the cleaning will take longer than usual. For this reason, accommodations will be available from 16.00h at the earliest. The camping pitches are available from noon at the earliest.
- The public sanitary buildings can be used by campers under certain conditions, which are indicated on the spot (washing hands, keeping a distance, etc.). Children under the age of 8 may only use the sanitary facilities with an adult.
- Some restrictions apply on the terrace, which is also indicated there. At the entrance of the terrace there is hand gel, please use it. You may sit with a maximum of 6 people at 1 table, at a distance of one meter. Family members can sit closer together. We have table service on the terrace so it is not necessary to enter the bar.
- The swimming pool can be used during opening hours. Children under the age of 8 may only use the pool with an adult. Inflatable tyres and toys, large balls and such are not allowed. Please do not bring these along. This rule does not apply to armbands.
- Mouth coverings are mandatory in all indoor areas. This rule does not apply to the terrace, in the swimming pool and the open spaces of the campsite.
- All kind of information is available to guests online via a QR code. This includes all household information, the COVID rules, an overview of the activities (entertainment), the price-lists for the bar and restaurant and much more.
This list is not exhaustive and may change depending on the rules enforced by French authorities. However, with these rules, as last year, it is perfectly possible to have a great holiday at le Clou. We hope to meet you this summer or maybe in June.